Practice

Practice

Sunday 12 February 2017

Task 1a: Professional Profile

Before starting this task, I had a look at a few others and realised I actually have profiles on more websites than I remembered (shows how effectively I have been using them). As a result, this task will mainly be spent improving my profiles. After clicking on Lauren Harper's StarNow link I was surprised to see I had one as well - I only actively used my dancerspro profile before. I think the main reason for this is that I worked for the same company for quite a few years and in effect abandoned these profiles. I would like to steal Lauren's use of screenshots to show how neglected my profiles have been.

Screenshot of my StarNow profile before update:

As you can see, I haven't even wrote anything about myself; the only photo I had was my headshot (the others I have added since the discovery of this profile).

Screenshot of my StarNow profile after update:

I have been astonished while looking through my profiles, I had clearly in my eager attempts to tick all the boxes I needed to do to help get a job in this competitive world of performers simply made a profile without any thought. It is as though I never looked back to check if I was giving myself the best chance at being noticed. I was merely satisfied at having created a profile, I have never been tech savvy so I can only presume I did what was necessary without risking breaking my computer!
One part of my profile I did indulge in - no surprise - was the skills list. Apparently, I am fantastic at many things... I'll leave that there.

When looking at different profiles there are so many variations and ways to present oneself, but who is to say what is right and wrong? Some people like to make this more personal and others strictly to the point, I guess this is a possible indicator to potential employers on performers personalities.


No comments: