Practice

Practice

Sunday 26 February 2017

Task 1c - Audio Visual

This is the dreaded task. How is it that as a performer the thought of filming myself talking seems so terrifying?!

Youtube is such an amazing tool to be used for many purposes; Not only can you promote yourself on there but you can learn how to do almost anything (whether it is a useful skill to learn or not). After graduating from college I created a showreel out of various clips I filmed in my dance studio, showing different styles of dance. Throughout the years of sending the link of my showreel to a multitude of potential employers, I have adapted the content to make it more suitable and help to promote myself in the best way I could.

A few colleagues and I sat down one day to discuss how we could make our showreels as effective as possible. We came up with a list of must have moves: kicks; turns; leaps; walks; varying styles. We also realised from watching other performers showreels that the backing track was just as important to keep the viewers attention.

When I was at the start of my career I thought I had to fit as much material in as possible, as with most areas in life I learnt quality is more valuable than quantity. Here is the link to my most up to date showreel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhQyTfz3Zg&t=2s