Practice

Practice

Monday 4 September 2017

First day at school...literally!

I was transported back over ten years this morning, as I experienced the first day of school nerves. What will my class be like? Will my teacher be nice?

After the initial panic, I was soon put at ease by how welcoming my new colleagues were. I was immediately given a mentor and shown my new classroom. Everything throughout the day was made perfectly clear and everyone was so happy to answer any queries that I had.

One of the nicest aspects was the relationships between the staff. A group have got together and are taking part in Tough Mudder this weekend - they even asked me to join them. Amongst the staff there are groups such as 'knit and natter', keep fit and book clubs. This is something I am really excited about, a good working relationship creates a better atmosphere not just for the staff but for the children. Plus, who doesn't want to feel apart of something!

I can't wait for the next few days and to meet the children on Wednesday!

No comments: