Practice

Practice

Friday 1 September 2017

Positivity, Well-being, Happiness

As I approach my first day of my new job, I have been reflecting on past experiences - wanting to make the most out of this new opportunity. I figure that I need to have a balance in all aspects of my life. I am a list maker, I feel it brings clarity to situations and tasks. Also, when it is written down there's no escaping it! 

Exercise and Dancing - Dance your way to fun, fitness and friendship.

Since changing careers I haven't been to any dance classes, I greatly miss dancing as it has always been my passion. I have researched different classes and am going to start attending various ones, then choose the ones I feel I will get the most out of. 
I hope to challenge myself and try a few different styles, I have even looked into self-defence classes! The ongoing battle to keep fit can be tedious, by doing dance classes I can keep fit whilst enjoying myself and meeting people with similar interests. 
I find exercise videos useful, a quick intense 30 mins really makes me feel energised and set up for the day. My favourites at the moment are: Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred; Jillian Michaels' Shred with Weights. Jillian is one of the fitness instructors on the Biggest Loser USA. She uses a variety of exercises, always accompanied by a simplified version.

Food - so long as you have food in your mouth you have solved all questions for the time being.

As we all know, what we put into our bodies reflects on how we feel, how much energy we have and even how we look. However, I am a big foody, I believe you should eat what you want and just be sensible about it. I don't believe that you should cut things out entirely, just be intelligent in the way you balance it.
Saying this, I try to reserve my naughty treats for weekends (not strictly, I ate a bowl of cookie dough last night!). However, starting my new job, I am aiming to have one carb free day and one vegan day within the week. Much research has led me to believe that both of these are good choices towards clean-eating. So, why am I not taking these choices on full time? Food takes up the majority of our life, I want to enjoy life, therefore I want to enjoy my food!!!! Luckily for me, I enjoy healthy foods, I am just as likely to pick up a tangerine as I am to pick up a chocolate bar. I would pick a salad off a menu because it sounds delicious, not because it is the healthy option.

Mindfulness

I have talked about looking after my body inside and out, but what about my mind? I am an over thinker, sometimes I spend my time thinking about all the things I need to do, instead of getting off my bum and doing them! 
Recently, I have started listening/watching Tony Robbins. He is so inspiring and some of the exercises he gets you to join in with during his videos really work. They're quite funny and make you feel a bit silly, but I guess that is the point, laughing brings happiness.

Morning Ritual

To bring all of these aspects together, I have decided to create a morning ritual. So, many times I wake up in time to get ready and get out of the door - very often eating breakfast en route to work.
Here it is: 
                20-30 mins - exercise
                10 mins - getting ready
                20 mins - eating whilst listening to Tony Robbins or someone similar


Any thoughts, advice, recipes, exercises, videos....anything this sparks in your minds, I would love to hear!

No comments: